Family Music

Our day yesterday seemed to center around music. In the morning I accompanied our daughter while she dropped off eldest grandson at his orchestra practice, a Winnipeg strings group.


In the afternoon our other two grandchildren performed at their violin recital. (Usually those events take place in June, but it was refreshing to have it earlier.) The two of them did their first duet. We were so impressed by their solos and the duet. Those kids are very diligent about practising every week day, and it shows!


All three grandchildren, our son, and my hubby all play the violin. It is not often that they play together, but I thought back to our special wedding anniversary when they got together to play "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring". This photo was taken then. We had the celebration in a big white tent at our son's home.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the importance of family, and the blessing they are to us. I am very thankful for each one.








Comments

Anonymous said…
From pioneer days, it seems music brings families together. So happy to see the picture of all the violins. What a tremendous blessing.
Hi Millie,
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Music is the universal language they say; and it's a real treat when you can enjoy your own loved ones playing. My dad played the violin, and all three of my children play different instruments. It is a blessing for sure. Have a lovely evening.

Blessings,
Sandi
Millie, there are moments in one's like were you just have to visit a friend to simply say hi! at the moment down here there are no other words it is all too sad. Lee-ann
Vee said…
What a treasure that photograph is for your family! My grandfather played the violin; I have his violin, but I have never learned to play it. It's wonderful to see this gift passed on through your family.

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020

Cloche Party!!