Flowers for Mom

Every Mother's Day we give each of the ladies at our church a small gift.   We have given chocolates, soap, journals, etc., and this year it will be a small plant.  Since our climate does not allow for outdoor planting until late May or early June, greenhouse plants are not in bloom yet. I have chosen a variety of colors of impatiens. They will advance quickly, and can be planted out in the garden or used as a house plant. As I was transplanting and wrapping those dozens of plants, I was thinking that it seems a little humorous that we would give our Moms a plant named impatiens!! Most Moms I know have had to develop lots of Patience when bringing up kids, so for today, we'll rename the plant, okay?

May you all enjoy a lovely day, remembering your Moms, or enjoying being with her. Our family of 4 generations is getting together for dinner, and I am happy my 90 year old, active Mom will be with us. That's Mom, in the photo above, with our granddaughter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What thoughtful gifts for the church moms. I hope you and your entire family have a wonderfully blessed Mother's Day.
French-Kissed said…
How wonderful to celebrate your 4 generations on this Mother's Day! The plants you chose for the church moms are some of my favorites--I used to grow them when I lived along the beach in Newport Beach and had lots of shade and cool ocean breeze in my garden. And the wrappings are gorgeous, too! Such a sweet gesture. Hope your day was pure delight!

~jermaine~
Very beautiful! I love impatience, I just planted some this week. Your Mom looks great! Can't believe she's 90~
Thanks for coming by and entering my giveaway too.
Cindy
Cindy said…
I love Impatiens, I plan on having lots in my gardens this year.
How wonderful that you can spend Mother's Day with your mother. You are very blessed to have four generations together, isn't God good?
So glad you had a good Mother's Day.
Hugs, Cindy S
Hi, Millie!

I'm so happy to meet you, and how blessed you are to have four generations to celebrate Mother's Day!

I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea to give gifts of flowers to the members of your church, and you picked well. :-)

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and I look forward to blogging with you and getting to know you better.

XO,

Sheila :-)
Becca's Dirt said…
So glad that your mother could be with you and 4 generations! That is wonderful. Hope you had a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020