Chocolate Biscuit Cake - my Attempt

I saw a former Royal chef on the Oprah show, demonstrating his recipe for the cake that Prince William chose for his Groom’s cake, and was inspired to try it, not because of the cake itself, because chocolate is not my favorite, but because I wanted to use the photo for inspiration!

Here is the photo on Oprah’s website:

20110429-tows-recipe-chocolate-biscuit-cake-300x205

You see, the photo shows a Shelley Dainty Blue teacup, just like the one I have, so here is my  version:001  Yes, I realize the cake wasn’t iced and decorated, but I was in a bit of a hurry….

Anyway, my husband and family enjoyed the cake!

The flowers are pulmonaria, so pretty  with their blue and pink flowers on each stem.

The link to the recipe on Oprah’s website is

http://www.oprah.com/food/Chocolate-Biscuit-Cake-Recipe

The Royal family photo of the Groom’s cake can be seen at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy/sets/72157626482581411/

I am joining in at Tabletop Tuesday today, where there are some very great tablescapes, etc.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh boy, does that look good! What a fun recipe to try Millie.
Oh my, the cake looks scrumptiopus!You did an excellent job and I love your tea cups... they look so dainty.. Thanks for sharing this wonderful cake recipe with us. I'm your neighbor at Marty's TTT. ~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/
Pamela Gordon said…
That cake looks so good and I do love my chocolate. Your china cups are so beautiful and delicate. It looks very pretty. Pamela
Unknown said…
I would forfeit the cake for those tea cups!!! even though the cake looks so delish..
Sarah said…
Yum, this looks delicious! ~ Sarah
Cindy said…
Hello dear Millie,
Your cake looks very delicious! The top is so shiny, if you hadn't said the cake wasn't iced I would have thought that it was! I can imagine that it tasted wonderful. And what a gorgeous photo-op! Your teacups are beautiful, so dainty!
Hugs, Cindy
FABBY'S LIVING said…
Wow, I just love your scrumptious chocolate cake! You did a great job with your vignette looking like Williams's...I love your cups, just beautful! I bet the cake was so very yummy! I'm also your latest follower, hope you visit me at TTT.
Hugs
FABBY
May I tell you...you did an absolute wonderful job!I love that you showed the inspiration photo from Oprah's show, and I love that your cake is more rustic, and homey. After all, we're not all Royalty, but I'm sure you family felt so, it looks delish, stopping over via Marty's link party at A Stroll Thru Life, tami
The cake is gorgeous. What a treat and your teacups are wonderful. So pretty. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
Millie, your cake looks every bit as good! Love the tea cups! Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi
lauren said…
ohmygoodness! this cake looks soo good. i think i'm going to go home now and try it too=)

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020