The Garden - August 25, 2011

Enjoying lovely summer weather...while many bloggers are looking forward, and even decorating for autumn, we are trying to squeeze every bit of summer into our memories,.... like squirrels stashing away winter food....
I love the mandevilla vine..this one has a little ruffled center...as I sit at my computer and glance out the window, this is what I see....
...and a view of the same plant reflected in the mirror on the deck..
The general view of the back yard today...
Today I harvested some hydrangeas for drying. I am trying some with pink food colouring in a glycerine - water mix, so we'll see how that goes....

I've also been playing around with other flowers...

                          .....Joining Tootsie for her weekly event...

Comments

Pamela Gordon said…
Your garden and flowers are beautiful! I love the mandivilla and hydrangea arrangement. I too, am hanging on to summer and the garden is looking pretty good so far. I may buy fall mums today, Have a great weekend.
ellen b. said…
You really have a lovely garden! Love the view from your computer, too. Have a great weekend.
Cindy said…
Hi Millie,
Your garden, the mandemilla vine and your flower arrangements are all so lovely! I love your flowers! What a great idea to have a mirror on your patio to reflect all of that colorful beauty!
I feel just like you, trying to store up this wonderful weather, I will never forget this summer! It's been the best one I can ever remember.
Have a wonderful evening.
Hugs, Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020