The Garden, Friday Aug 5..and a cool supper

First, a few views of the garden....
(you may click on photos to enlarge)




Sometimes, on these hot summer days, we like a salad supper. Today I made a chicken salad, no recipe; just things we like:
Cooked cubed chicken, nectarine, dried cranberries, and celery. The dressing was yoghurt, honey, a splash of vinegar, and a dash of curry powder....very tasty.


Along with it we had a potato salad, and some sliced fresh cucumbers from our garden, with just a sprinkling of salt...so, so good!
Now that we've checked out the food,.... here are a few more photos of the flowers which are blooming now:

More lilies (late blooming)
...and limelight hydrangea, just beginning to flower.
I'm recommending you go over to Tootsie's blog, where she hosts a Friday floral feature.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Millie, The summer meal looks so light and delicious! What pretty gardens you have. I love that limelight hydrangea! Wishing you a great weekend. I'm taking a short blog break while my brother helps me "clean up" my computer!!!
Cindy said…
Mmmm...your dinner looks so very delicious and cool. I don't like cooking on hot days, either.
Your flowers are just glorious in their beauty! The limelight hydrangea is so pretty!
Hugs, Cindy
Rosie Gan said…
Everything looks perfect...salads chockful of goodness and a garden chockful of lovelies. Those roses are beautiful.
Rosie
Unknown said…
I love your blog. I am a beginning gardener and if one day I can have beautiful flowes as you then I will be a blessed person too. Thank you.
Bonita Jane said…
Yummy! I'm coming over for dinner!

Popular posts from this blog

Decorating for Thanksgiving 2020